Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I need legal advice?

If you're a member of Unite, you can call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 709 007. Our legal advisers will provide you with free and confidential initial advice on any work or non-work related legal matter.

Please have your Unite membership number ready to quote when you call as you will be asked to provide this.

I want to write my will. Can I call the Unite lawyer to ask for advice?

Yes, if you're a Unite the Union member, you can call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 709 00 and ask for advice on any work or non-related matter.

What does the role of a Unite the Union rep involve?

The role of a Unite Representative is an interesting and challenging one. You will learn more about how your organisation works at every level. Unite will provide you with the confidence, skills and knowledge to enable you to:

  • Recruit new members into the Union
  • Answer members' queries
  • Negotiate and consult with management at all levels
  • Represent members in disciplinary situations
  • Represent members in grievance situations
  • Disseminate relevant information
  • Give you and your colleagues a voice in the union and your Organisation’s decision-making processes
  • Attend meetings to discuss workplace issues relevant to you and your colleagues
  • Become involved in other areas such as health and safety, equalities and life long learning
The Cuts
The Cuts

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Return to the Top of the Page