Listen up Cameron!
SEPTEMBER 25, 2018
Our 2016 New Year's resolution was to continue to fight for the community and voluntary sector. We asked our members to tell us what they wanted the government to do for our sector in 2016.
Last year was a tough year for our sector and we asked our members for their New Year’s resolutions so that we could let the government know how they can help to ensure that this year is a good year for all who working the community and voluntary sector.
Here’s just a selection of messages we received:
- The government must bring back Legal Aid!
- End zero hours and annualised hours’ contracts
- The government must fund the voluntary sector!
- Protect human rights at home and abroad
- Repeal the Lobbying Act
- Support fair wages and conditions for all!
- Invest in our children and young people!
- Pay interns at least the living wage!
We will continue to campaign for the community and voluntary sector. If you are not a member of Unite then please join and campaign with us! www.unitetheunion.org/join